Sleeping - This is a reduced electricity consumption mode, which allows you to quickly resume work in normal energy consumption (usually within a few seconds) at the request of the user. Computer translation to sleep mode resembles Pressing the "Pause" button on the DVD player: the computer immediately stops all operations and at any time is ready to continue working. Hibernation mode - This is the mode of reduced electricity consumption, designed primarily for laptops. When switching to sleep mode, all open documents and parameters are stored in memory and the computer switches to low power consumption mode, and when you go to hibernation mode, all open documents and programs are stored on the hard disk and then the computer turns off. Of all the energy-saving modes used in Windows, it requires the smallest amount of electricity to maintain hibernation mode. If within a long period of time it is not planned to use a laptop and there is no possibility to recharge the battery, it is recommended to translate the laptop to the hibernation mode. Hybrid sleeping mode - This is a mode that is designed primarily for desktop computers. The hybrid sleep mode combines sleep mode and hibernation mode, since all open documents and programs are stored in memory and the hard disk and the computer is translated into the reduced electricity consumption mode. With an unexpected power failure, the Windows operating system can easily restore data from the disk. If the hybrid sleep mode is enabled, the transition to sleep mode automatically translates the computer to the hybrid sleep mode. On desktop computers, a hybrid sleep mode is usually enabled by default The selection of the mode remains for the user. This article creates a disabling option "Sleeping mode", and delete the Hiberfil.sys file To disable "sleep mode" you need to do the following: You can also disable sleep function. Select " Change additional power options "And in the window, find the sleep mode and disconnect it. After disconnecting the "sleep mode", you can delete a hidden file. Hiberfil.sys File Hiberfil.sys Created by the operating system for the functioning of the sleep mode. When you go to the computer, the sleep mode resets the contents of the RAM on the hard disk - to the hiberfil.sys file, and when you turn on this file in memory. The file size is equal to the size of the RAM installed on the computer. Thus, deleting this file can be significantly added to the hard disk space. But in Windows 7, even with sleep-off mode, the hiberfil.sys file is not deleted and remains on the hard disk. To delete this file, you must have administrator rights. Click Start - Run, or Keys WIN. +Rand enter the team Zhmem. OK And reboot. If you need to return the function of sleep mode, you can restore the hiberfil.sys file by the command Check there or not there is a hiberfil.sys file at the root of the disk, you can turn on Show hidden files . Start - Control Panel - Folder Parameters - View Choose " Show hidden files, folders and discs "And take a daw with" Hide secure system files "Do not forget to click Apply и OK . Open the disk with and see that there is no hiberfil.sys file. To hide the display of protected files, we return those items that noted.
PC shutdown modes
How to disable "sleep mode"?
How to delete a hiberfil.sys file?
PowerCfg -Hibernate -off. or PowerCfg -h off.
PowerCfg -Hibernate -on or PowerCfg -h ON.
Sleeping - This is a reduced electricity consumption mode, which allows you to quickly resume work in normal energy consumption (usually within a few seconds) at the request of the user. Computer translation to sleep mode resembles Pressing the "Pause" button on the DVD player: the computer immediately stops all operations and at any time is ready to continue working.
Hibernation mode - This is the mode of reduced electricity consumption, designed primarily for laptops. When switching to sleep mode, all open documents and parameters are stored in memory and the computer switches to low power consumption mode, and when you go to hibernation mode, all open documents and programs are stored on the hard disk and then the computer turns off. Of all the energy-saving modes used in Windows, it requires the smallest amount of electricity to maintain hibernation mode. If within a long period of time it is not planned to use a laptop and there is no possibility to recharge the battery, it is recommended to translate the laptop to the hibernation mode.
Hybrid sleeping mode - This is a mode that is designed primarily for desktop computers. The hybrid sleep mode combines sleep mode and hibernation mode, since all open documents and programs are stored in memory and the hard disk and the computer is translated into the reduced electricity consumption mode. With an unexpected power failure, the Windows operating system can easily restore data from the disk. If the hybrid sleep mode is enabled, the transition to sleep mode automatically translates the computer to the hybrid sleep mode. On desktop computers, a hybrid sleep mode is usually enabled by default
The selection of the mode remains for the user. This article creates a disabling option "Sleeping mode", and delete the Hiberfil.sys file
To disable "sleep mode" you need to do the following:
You can also disable sleep function. Select " Change additional power options "And in the window, find the sleep mode and disconnect it.
After disconnecting the "sleep mode", you can delete a hidden file. Hiberfil.sys
File Hiberfil.sys Created by the operating system for the functioning of the sleep mode. When you go to the computer, the sleep mode resets the contents of the RAM on the hard disk - to the hiberfil.sys file, and when you turn on this file in memory. The file size is equal to the size of the RAM installed on the computer. Thus, deleting this file can be significantly added to the hard disk space. But in Windows 7, even with sleep-off mode, the hiberfil.sys file is not deleted and remains on the hard disk. To delete this file, you must have administrator rights. Click Start - Run, or Keys WIN. +Rand enter the team
Zhmem. OK And reboot. If you need to return the function of sleep mode, you can restore the hiberfil.sys file by the command
Check there or not there is a hiberfil.sys file at the root of the disk, you can turn on Show hidden files . Start - Control Panel - Folder Parameters - View
Choose " Show hidden files, folders and discs "And take a daw with" Hide secure system files "Do not forget to click Apply и OK . Open the disk with and see that there is no hiberfil.sys file.
To hide the display of protected files, we return those items that noted.
How to disable sleep mode windows 7 He interferes with me when working, many programs finish because of it their work with errors, I turn on the computer in the morning in the morning, all this time he is in work, this mode is not needed at all and he has created a Hiberfil file on my hard disk. SYS, it would also be removed.
Disable sleep mode Windows 7
If the hiberfil.sys file exists, then it is necessary for someone. Only I wrote an article about sleeping mode and how he can help us in work, it came to such a letter, which I answer. So, first, turn off the sleep mode, then send the Hiberfil.sys file on your account at your own expense, but before, my friends, a short story on the topic. Sometimes I make familiar videos and I have a Procoder program installed on a computer, encoding the video, once again the conversion process is greatly dragged, and I had to remove it, and the volume of the material was too big, Sleeping It turns on after three hours of full inactivity of the computer. I arrived in the evening, hoping that the film is already converted, I look at the computer in sleep mode, as it should be, I go out of it, see the film folder is ready and the size is suitable, just for recording on DVD disc. I recorded the film and gave my friends, well, and of course they immediately watch, and there are twenty minutes. They call me and complain, they say the film is not the whole, the most interesting is not. I had to think why this happened. WITH Windows 7. It seems everything is in order. And it turned out how you already guessed that my computer went into sleep mode, as it should be, and the encoder program simply did not have time to finish until this time and did not even show a mistake. Now when encoding, I turn off sleep mode or move for another a few hours.
Disable sleep mode in windows 7 very easy . We go to our operating system on behalf of the administrator. Start-> Control Panel-> System and Security-> Power Supply.
In this dialog box, you must have a power plan, for example, I have selected Sbalansiro. Bed , Press Setting the power plan
Here we can choose: Disconnect display : This feature can be customized as you want, because we all work at a computer in different ways, I have for example 10 minutes, it used to be 5min, but it became for me to annoy, imagine I sometimes think of my thought more than five minutes (older), thought and thought I translate my mind on the monitor, and there is a black screen, well, you understood me.
Translate computer into sleep mode : Here we have a conversation with sleeping mode short, if yet we do not need, turn off, exhibit Never Or choose a longer period of time for the care of our electronic friend in sleep mode.
Also in the "Change additional power parameters" paragraph set the value to sleep Here we are with you and turned off, very useful Sleeping mode in Windows 7
But do not forget that we can turn it on as soon as we want. Now the queue of file is Hiberfil.sys Windows 7 created when the sleep mode is turned on. This file keeps everything that at the time of care to sleep is in RAM, open applications and so on. Usually the file size and is equal to the size of the RAM. Naturally, when you exit sleeping mode, Windows 7 restores everything that you have been open on your computer. We type in the execution field
PowerCfg -h off. Windows 7.
And our file did not happen.
Tags to the article:
Windows 7 allows you to translate PC to sleep mode, which significantly reduces the power consumption, and also accelerates the process of resuming work at a computer, because The output from it is much faster than if the PC is turned off, then you will need a full system load from zero.
The operating system settings allow you to turn on the mode automatically, but the user is available and manually transferring the computer to sleep. The PC is independently immersed in sleep, provided that there is no manipulation with it in the interval of time specified in the settings. Sleep for a computer involves turning off the functioning of hard drives, display and other component PCs, that is, electricity costs at this time are minimal.
- Ways to save energy with which Windows has 7
- "Seven" developers equipped for the possibility of energy saving three waiting modes:
- Sleep. Provides prior to "falling asleep" to preserve the state in which the user left the computer. Thus, upon exit from this state, all files, applications, etc. remain open. The user can quickly continue working as if he did not leave the computer.
Hibernation. Usually used in laptops, because Allows more to save energy during inactivity. The main difference with a dream is that the saving is not in memory, but on the hard drive of the computer.
Combined mode. Parameters are saved on the hard drive and in the PC memory at the same time.
All methods combines an easy way out of modes - only click any keyboard button.
Methods Cancellation of Transition to Sleeping Mode
- No matter how much benefits did not exist at energy saving, some users often wish to disable this feature of Windows 7.
- Disable sleep mode Windows 7 perhaps three methods:
- Using the control panel;
Using the command line;
Making the necessary adjustments in the registry. Method 1: Using the control panel
- Remove it using the control panel, is the easiest method. You must perform the following sequence of simple actions: Via button "Start" ;
- open "Control Panel" Then find the section "System and safety" ;
- and open it, then click on "Power supply" A window will appear "Power Plan" ;
- where to click on "Power Plan Settings" ;
- In the displayed menu, change the settings of the PC. You should specify in lines "Never" .
- Remove it using the control panel, is the easiest method. You must perform the following sequence of simple actions: Method 2: Using the command line To remove sleep function, you must perform the following sequence of action with administrator rights: In the search bar enter "Cmd.exe" ;
- further press To remove sleep function, you must perform the following sequence of action with administrator rights: "ENTER" The window will start ;
- Where to introduce "Cmd.exe" ;
- "PowerCfg.exe -h OFF"
Next again press The window will start Ready. When the need to use energy saving, it will be necessary to perform the above actions again, only instead .
"PowerCfg.exe -h ON" Method 3: Make the necessary adjustments in the registry и To cancel the standby mode in the registry, you will need to adjust file records. "HibernateEnabled"
- "HIBERFILESIPERCENT" . You must perform the following sequence of actions: Hold down "Win" ;
- need to click on
- "R" The registry editor opens; ;
- Next type "REGEDIT" Then go to B. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" ;
- In the displayed menu, change the settings of the PC. You should specify in lines and B. "SYSTEM" "CURRENTCONTROLSET" and open "CONTROL" ;
- where to go to To cancel the standby mode in the registry, you will need to adjust file records. "POWER" Adjust file - To do this in its context menu, click on "Change" .
- and in the unfolded window put Method 3: Make the necessary adjustments in the registry ;
Next, reboot PC.
Turn off sleep mode times and forever! This topic is especially relevant for laptop users. On the other hand, this mode saves electricity. Maybe you will be enough to increase the time before disconnection. In any case, you can only solve you.
Let's proceed. Disconnect sleep mode on Windows 7. 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
Personalization ": 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
2. Click on the button "
Screensaver ": I have it already turned off, however, in the example it does not hurt. 3. In the field " "Indicate" Apply 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
No ", Press" 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
4. Here, click on the item " Change Power Parameters 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
5. In the window that opens, go to " Never Configuring Display Disconnection
6. We put a shutdown - " "And we save the changes. Note, because I have a plan "
Let's proceed. "The settings are applied to it. If you change the power plan on the previous window, you will need to specify shutdown separately. 1. On the desktop, click the right mouse button and select item "
Disconnect sleep mode on Windows 10. Screen Parameters 2. In the side menu, choose "
Food and sleep mode
"Disconnect both modes (for the screen and for sleep mode):
If you have a laptop, then there will be more shutdown options when the charger is enabled. Disconnect everything.
It is not necessary to turn off in the control panel. There, the parameters are automatically duplicated.
Thanks for reading this article! If you like it - put the huskies. Specify questions in the comments. I'll be glad to help!
Good mood to you all!
See you later!
Sleep mode (SLEEP MODE) in Windows 7 allows you to save electricity during the inactivity of a stationary computer or laptop. But if necessary, bring the system into an active condition is quite simple and relatively quickly. At the same time, some users for whom electricity saving is not a priority issue, quite skeptically refer to this regime. It doesn't like everyone when the computer is actually disabled after a certain time.
READ ALSO: How to turn off sleep mode in Windows 8
Ways to deactivate sleep mode
Fortunately, the user himself can choose to use him sleep or not. In Windows 7, there are several options to turn it off. You must perform the following sequence of simple actions: .
- Method 1: Control Panel You must perform the following sequence of simple actions: The most popular among users and intuitive method of deactivation of the sleep mode is made using the control panel tools with the transition through the menu "Start" .
- Press "Control Panel" .
- . In the menu, stop the selection on "System and safety" Press the control panel In the next window in the section .
- Go to "Setting the transition to sleep mode" .
- The window of the parameters of the current power plan opens. Click on the field "Power Plan Settings" .
- "Translate a computer to sleep mode" From the list that has opened, select .
Now the automatic switching on the sleep mode on your PC running Windows 7 will be disabled. Method 2: "Run" window .
- Move into the power setting window in order to remove the possibility of automatic transition PC to sleep, it is possible and using the introduction of the command in the window Method 2: "Run" window "Run" Call the tool , Press
Win + R.
Method 1: Control Panel . Enter: .
- "And we save the changes. ;
- Ok The power setup window opens in the control panel. There are three power plans in Windows 7:
- Saving energy .
(This plan is additional, and therefore, if not active, the default is hidden); High performance About the plan involved at the present moment is a radio button in an active position. Click on the inscription
- "Setting the Power Plan" "Setting the transition to sleep mode" which is located to the right of the name currently involved in the power supply plan. "Power Plan Settings" Opened already familiar to us by the previous way of the window of the Power Plan Parameters. In field From the list that has opened, select .
Stop the selection at the point
- Method 3: Change additional power supply parameters It is also possible to turn off the sleep mode through the window of the change in additional power parameters. Of course, this method is more intricate than previous options, and in practice almost users do not apply. But, nevertheless, it exists. Therefore, we must describe it. .
- After the configuration window has been moving the settings of the intended power plan, any of those two options that were described in previous methods, press "Change additional power parameters" .
- The additional parameters window starts. Click on the "Plus" sign near the parameter
- After that, a list of three options opens:
- Sleep after;
Hibernation after; Allow awakening timers. .
- Click on the "Plus" near the parameter
- "Sleep after" The value of the time through which the sleep period will be turned on. It is not difficult to compare that it corresponds to the same value that was specified in the Power Plan settings window. Click on this value in the additional parameters window. As we can see, the field is activated where the period is located through which the sleep mode will be activated. Watch this window manually "Power Plan Settings" .
- "0" . Enter: .
- Or click on the bottom switch of values until the field appears in the field
- After this is done, press "Power Plan Settings" .
After that, sleep mode will be disconnected. But if you did not close the power settings window, it will be displayed an old irrelevant value. "System and safety" Let it not frighten you. After you close this window and run again, it will show the current PC translation value into sleep mode. That is, in our caseAs you can see, there are several ways to turn off the sleep mode in Windows 7. But all these methods are associated with the transition to the section Control panels. Unfortunately, an effective alternative to solving this issue, presented in this article by options, in this operating system is not. At the same time, it should be noted that the existing methods are still allowed to disconnect relatively quickly and do not require a user of a large amount of knowledge. Therefore, by and large, an alternative to existing options and is not required.
We are glad that you could help you solve the problem.
Describe what you did not work.Our specialists will try to answer as quickly as possible.
Will this article help you?
Most PC users do not know how to disable sleep mode Windows 7, and it is sometimes necessary to do it, as it is not always a convenient user.
Initially sleep mode is a mechanism of reduced energy consumption.
With normal operation, the loss of computer data in this state does not occur. If a sudden shutdown occurred, the data can recover from the hard disk.
- Sleeping mode for laptops and pc
- There are several types of such "sleep":
- Plain. All files and documents are open to the PC. When you go to this state, all source data is saved in the PC memory, the system unit goes into energy-saving operation. The process is a bit reminds on the inclusion of a pause when listening to audio recordings or a film.
Hibernation. This option "sleep" is used on laptops, as it is the most economical and energy of the batteries is less consuming. All information is first saved on the hard disk, after that, the computer goes into an energy-saving state.
Hybrid type. It turns on by default in desktop PCs. All parameters and files before turning on are saved on the hard disk, and the system unit turns automatically into the energy-saving state. When the light is turned off or other power failures, all information is easily restored from the disk S.
Turn off sleep mode in a desktop personal computer.
If you do not need the hibernation function, and you do not know how to disable sleep mode in the Windows 7 settings, then use the following recommendations.
Enter the Start - Control Panel.
The settings that we need are in the "Category" section. Come there, then enter the item "Equipment and Sound".
There, select the "Power" section, where you can change the current settings.
True, the settings change is possible if the user is known to the administrator's account.
It is here that "settings for switching to sleep mode will be. Press the button.
This will look like the "Power Plan Settings" window as shown in the picture below. Here you can disable the computer transition to sleep mode Windows 7. To make your computer all the time in working condition, the settings should be set, as shown in the picture below, that is, the position "Never" on the display is disconnected and the transition to "Sleep". Council. In order to disable "Sleep", go to the plan that is currently active. Follow the section "Translate a computer in sleeping
"Where you need to choose the" Never "function. After that, save the settings.
How to disable sleep mode (7, 8.1, 10)
The main function of the sleeping regime is electricity savings. But sometimes this mode can deliver some inconveniences. For example, when viewing through Internet films or TV shows.
To additionally disable sleep mode, you can enter the additional options for Windows 7, and then press the bird near the dream item.
In the "Allow Hybrid Sleep Mode" settings, click the "Disable" function.
In order to cancel the automatic transition function to "Sleep", select the "Never" function in the settings.
To do this, in the String status, enter the number 0. Click "Apply" and "OK".
In the same sequence, where there is a "sleep after" value, you can disable sleep mode in the Windows 7 settings.
How to disable hibernation mode on a laptop?
In a laptop, sleep feature, but the other. To change it, it is recommended to do other actions.
You like the user will need to change the current settings in the power transition mode from the battery and from the power supply.
So, in similarly described settings, you will see two values:
To enter the settings, you must click on the computer pane by right-click:
The functions of the "Properties of the taskbar and the Start menu" will appear, then how to "power" - "Setting the plan ..." balanced ", as shown by a red arrow on the illustration, go to" Change additional parameters ... ".
In the parameters, find "Sleep Hibernation" set the value "0".
How to disable hibernation in Windows 7 (utility)
Manual: How to Disable Sleeping Mode on Windows 7
You can not only change the hibernation settings described above, but also in another format.
For the correct operation of laptops on the disk with the system file Hiberfil.sys is created.
This file includes information about the Windows 7 RAM during the transition to one or another energy-saving mode.
If you disable the "sleep state" with a standard way, the file cannot be deleted, and therefore you have to do this manually. So you free up a few gigabytes of memory on the hard disk.
However, to enter this system file, to do this, enter the account password.
In system files, the document looks like, as shown in the illustration below.
How to log in to the Windows 7 command line? To do this, enter the start - perform, or type the command line through the search.
A black window will open for entering the command line. Singing the PowerCFG -H -FFF or PowerCFG -HiberNate -OFF combination. To confirm the operation, click OK or ENTER.
Turn on the computer reboot.
The command will delete the power saving state file.
Hibernation in Windows 7, 8. What is it and how to turn off?
In this lesson you will find out what kind of sieves and how can you turn off
If you did not manage to remove the file through the command line. Open Notepad.
Power off the combination in it "PowerCTG -H OFF_", save it, then move the file from the TXT to the PAT extension, copy it and make a DC system files.
The system file icon will appear on the "Desktop".
Sleeping mode translates the computer into the state of economical consumption of electricity and allows you to quickly restore work. This mode can be turned on both on the user's requirement and automatically. The latter happens if no action is performed on the computer for some time.
After the PC (personal computer) is translated into the sleep status, the control system will be turned off to the image to the monitor, and the hard disk operation is suspended, as well as peripheral devices. These actions allow you to reduce energy consumption at that time until the computer is used by the user or system.
- Energy saving modes options in Windows 7 The following energy saving options are available in the Windows 7 system: this is a sleep mode, switch to the hibernation state, as well as a mixed version of the mode.
- Sleeping mode. In this embodiment, before entering the computer (laptop) to power saving mode, all open programs, windows, documents and other parameters are saved in its memory. When you go to the operating status, all saved data is restored by the system automatically.
- Hibernation. In contrast to sleep mode, in this embodiment, all programs involved, parameters and documents are not stored in memory, but on the hard disk. After that, the computer is turned off. Most often, hibernation is used on laptops, since such a mode consumes little energy, which significantly saves battery charge.
Hybrid, or mixed, sleeping mode.
When using this option, all working documents and open programs are stored simultaneously on the hard disk and in the computer's memory. After that it is translated into energy saving mode. In the event of a power failure, all saved data will be restored from the hard disk.
In all the above embodiments of Windows 7, the sleep mode shutdown occurs simply and quickly by pressing any key on the keyboard.
How to disable sleep mode in Windows 7 - Main ways
- Of course, the cost-effective energy consumption mode is a convenient thing, but there are cases when to remove sleep mode Windows 7 is simply necessary. So, in this mode you will not be able to connect remotely to the computer. And sometimes it is not comfortable to work at all when your car falls asleep at the first time, especially if it is not a laptop, and you do not need to save the battery charge.
- Therefore, it is very often about users a problem arises: how to disable sleep mode in Windows 7. This dilemma can be solved in the following ways:
- disabling hibernation using the control panel;
Use command line;
Changing the HiberFilesIzePercent and HiberNateEnabled file entries in the registry.
Consider all the listed methods in more detail.
Disabling hibernation using the control panel
- Bars of sleep mode Windows 7 by shutting down using the control panel - the simplest and clear way that does not require deep knowledge. This option is recommended to use novice or inexperienced users.
- Consider step by step shutdown hibernation.
- Open the "Start".
- We go to the "Control Panel".
- Next, open the "power supply" if you are viewing on major icons. Otherwise, you need to enter the item "System and Security". Then search and open "Power Supply". You will see the choice of a power plan.
- In the next step, you must open the "Power Plan Settings" where you have a circle.
In the window that opens, you will need to change the parameters responsible for switching the computer to sleep mode from the battery and from the network. In the corresponding windows, you will need to set the value of the "Never" parameter.
After that it will be necessary to save the changes.
Additionally, you can turn off the sleep function by selecting the "Change additional power options" item. After that, we find a "sleep" point and set a value of 0 in the corresponding fields. In order to change the changes to take effect, you must click "Apply" and "OK".
And what is this amazing hiberfil.sys?
First, we'll figure it out for which a file is needed with the name Hiberfil.sys, and only then consider how to disable sleep mode in Windows 7.
During computer transition to hibernation, all data on running programs, open documents and other information are stored on the hard disk by recording it into the Hiberfil.sys file. After the system comes out of sleep mode, all data is recovered in the computer's memory at the time of "falling asleep".
Hibernation mode saves the battery charge at the laptop. But on stationary computers this mode is rarely used, while Hiberfil.sys occupies a significant amount of hard disk, since its size can have several gigabytes. However, when the sleep mode is disconnected using the control panel, the file named hiberfil.sys will automatically be created by the system again and again.
- How can I turn off sleep mode Windows 7 using the command line
- To fully disable hibernation mode, you must open the CMD.exe console.
- In the "Start" menu, in the search, type cmd.exe and click Search.
- The cmd.exe console opens.
Run it with administrator rights. To do this, bring the cursor on CMD and click on the right mouse button. In the unfolded menu, you must select the start from the administrator.
At the command prompt, you type PowerCfg.exe -h off command. After that, Hiberfil.sys will automatically delete.
If you need to turn on the hibernation mode again, you need to open a command line dialog box (repeat the paragraphs 1 to 3). In the window that opens, write PowerCfg.exe -h ON on the command line. Then in the settings of the power plans to set the necessary values.
- Changing the HiberFilesIzePercent and HibernateEnabled file entries in the registry
- Now consider both in Windows 7 to disable sleep mode using the registry, by changing the HiberFilesIzePercent and HiberNateEnabled file entries. For this you need:
- The registry editor is launched. To do this, you must simultaneously press Win and R.
- Regedit is entered on the command prompt.
- Next, you need to make a transition from the following registry branch - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SYSTEM \ CURRENTCONTROLSET \ CONTROL \ POWER
- We change the parameters of the HiberFileSizePercent file, clicking on the right mouse button and selecting the "Change" item, where the field that opens should be 0.
Change the HibernateEnabled file settings in the same way.
You must close the registry editor window and restart the computer.
After all the outlined, disable hibernation mode in the Windows 7 system will be even a beginner user.
Sleep mode, this is a computer mode that allows you to save electricity at a time when the computer is not used by the user. Sleeping mode can be activated manually or automatically after some computer inactivity time. In this material, we will tell you how to disable sleep mode on Windows 7 and Windows 10.
In order to disable the automatic transition to sleep mode on Windows 7, you need to open the "Start" menu and go to the control panel. Here you need to open the section "System and Security", and then subsection "Power supply".
After that, you will open a window with the power settings. Here you need to click on the "Setting of the Power Scheme" link, which is located opposite the active power supply scheme.
The following should be opened with the settings for the active power circuit. Here you need to select the value "NEW" for the "Translate computer to sleep mode" function. Also in this window, you can configure the time after which the computer will disable the screen in case of user inaction. After making all changes, do not interest the settings by pressing the "Save Changes" button.
- How to disable sleep mode using the command line
- You can also disable sleep mode on Windows 7 using the command line. To do this, run the command prompt and follow these commands:
PowerCFG -X -STANDBY-Timeout-AC 0
PowerCFG -X -STANDBY-Timeout-DC 0
In the command prompt, it will look like this:
The commands of the command disable sleep mode (set the "Never" value) to work on the power supply network (the first command with the -standby-Timeout-AC parameter) and to work on the battery (the second command with the STANDBY-Timeout-DC 0 parameter). If you want to disable sleep mode, but simply change the time after which the computer activates it, then instead of zero at the end of the command, specify the desired number of minutes.
How to Disable Sleeping Mode in Windows 10
If you use Windows 10, then the above recommendations work for you. The only difficulty with which you may encounter this opening "control panel". In order to open the "Control Panel" in Windows 10, you need to right-click on the "Start" button and the Select Control Panel menu that appears.
You can also immediately open a power management window To do this, select "Power Management" in the same menu.
Another way to open a power control window in Windows 10 is a search. Open the Start menu and enter the "Power" search query. After that, the system will prompt you to open the desired window.
How to remove hiberfil.sys
It is not rare when users ask how to disable sleep mode, they imply the deletion of the Hiberfil.sys file. In fact, the hiberfil.sys file has no direct relation to sleeping mode. It is used for hibernation, as well as for a hybrid sleep mode. Although the Internet has a lot of confusion on this topic.
PowerCFG -X -STANDBY-Timeout-AC 0
When the computer is switched to hibernation mode, all the contents of the RAM is reset to the hiberfil.sys file, and when exiting hibernation, this data is returned back to RAM. Because of this, the size of the hiberfil.sys file is (or almost equal) the volume of your RAM.